You may have found that you are receiving endless emails from a particular address and want to put a stop to it. Now you can by blocking the email address, which will stop you from receiving any unwanted emails.
The way in which you block email addresses differs depending on what email platform you use as the instructions differ depending on the platform.
In this guide, we’ll be taking you through how you can block unwanted emails with ease, allowing you to block any email address regardless of what platform the emails are on.
Can I Block An Email Address?
Before we delve into the various blocking instructions, it’s important to discuss whether email addresses can actually be blocked in the first place.
The good news is that you can block email addresses, meaning that you don’t have to worry about being bothered by consistently irrelevant and annoying emails again.
However, whether your emailing platform allows you to fully block an email address is dependent on the platform itself as some will allow you to fully block an email address.
Other platforms have Spam or Junk options meaning that any emails that you receive from the unwanted email address will automatically go to your Spam or Junk folder so it isn’t cluttering up your main inbox.
Block Emails On Gmail
The most popular emailing platform that is most commonly used is Gmail. It’s easy to see why as it is great for organizing and storing your emails, so you can have all your emails in the right place.
You can choose to block the emails or have them sent to your spam folder. Here is how you can block an email address on Gmail using the Gmail mobile app on Android or the web browser:
- Start by opening an email from the email address that you want to block.
- Click the three dots that should be located next to the reply button and then click the block button.
- You will then be asked to confirm your decision to block the email address, which will then mean that all emails from that person will be blocked or sent to the spam folder.
Block Emails On Yahoo
Another commonly used emailing platform is Yahoo which gives you the option to block up to 500 addresses.
When you block an email address on Yahoo, it will mean that any emails that the blocked email address sends will go straight to your spam folder.
Here is how you can block emails on Yahoo:
- Start by logging into your account on Yahoo.
- Click on the Settings option and then select the More Settings option when the menu pops up.
- Select the Security option and then Privacy.
- Your blocked addresses should be available to view and there will be an Add option that you need to click.
- Type in the email address you want to block and then click the Save button.
For those using the Yahoo Mail mobile app, here is how you can block email addresses:
- Start by opening your inbox folder and then selecting a message from the email address you want to block.
- Click the More option that appears in the action bar at the bottom of the email.
- Select the Mark as Spam option when it appears and clicks Done.
- Now any emails from the email address will automatically be sent to the spam folder.
Block Emails On Outlook
Outlook is the emailing platform owned by Microsoft and is one of the oldest platforms available, meaning that lots of people still use it.
If you want to block an email address using the Outlook app, make sure that you are using a web browser as you can’t block email addresses using the Outlook mobile app.
Here is how you can block email addresses on Outlook using the web browser:
- Log into your Outlook account and access your inbox.
- Select a message from the email address you want to block.
- Click on the toolbar at the top of the email and select the Junk or Spam option followed by Block.
- Now click Junk or Span and then confirm this by selecting OK.
As mentioned above, you cannot fully block an email address using the mobile app, but you can have the emails sent to your spam or junk folder.
Simply follow the instructions listed above and select the Junk or Spam option.
There won’t be a Block option available, but you will be able to have the unwanted emails sent to your Junk or Spam folder.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Block Someone From Emailing Me Permanently?
You can block someone permanently by clicking on the email from the sender that you wish to block. There should be three dots at the bottom of the email which will show a Block option when clicked.
When you click on the block option, it will ask if you want to confirm this and then any further emails from the sender will be sent to your spam folder.
Why Are Blocked Emails Still Coming Through?
If you blocked an email and find that you are still receiving emails from them, it could be due to many reasons such as the sender changing their email address.
If you find that you are still receiving emails and blocking doesn’t seem to work, you can create a new inbox that sends any unwanted emails to that inbox.
Can You Tell If Someone Has Blocked Your Email?
You can tell if someone has blocked your email by going to Hangouts in Gmail and then seeing the list of your contacts.
If there is someone you used to have that isn’t included on the list, this means that they have blocked you.
In conclusion, blocking an email address is easy to do, provided that you follow the steps according to the email platform that you are using.
Whether you want to redirect the emails to your spam folder, or simply want to completely block all emails from a specific email address, you can do this with ease.
- Add Me to Search: A Comprehensive Guide for Visibility Online - June 28, 2023
- Top Searches YouTube: Uncovering the Most Popular Trends - June 28, 2023
- Live Location Google Map: An Expert Guide to Real-Time Tracking - June 28, 2023