When you’re scouring the web for something, you can spend a long time scrolling through to find specific words on a page.
If you don’t know how to search for specific words on a page, but want to know how to do so, you’re in the right place.
In this article, we will show you how to search words on a page. So, next time you’re searching for something, you don’t have to waste any time.
Why Would You Need To Search For Specific Words On A Page?
There are lots of reasons why you might want to search for specific words on a page.
These reasons include but are not limited to:
It Saves A Lot Of Time
Time is a limited resource, and as there is so much information out there on the web, you can spend hours and hours scrolling through results if you’re not specific in your search.
Bearing this in mind, searching for specific words on a page can help you to significantly reduce the time that you spend researching.
In a few seconds you can search the word that you’re looking for and locate it to determine whether what you’re looking at is relevant.
It Narrows Down The Search
Not only does scouring the web with no luck take time, but it also takes a lot of effort. Searching for specific words helps to narrow down your search.
So you’re not only saving time, but you’re also able to search with less effort thanks to the specific word you’re looking for narrowing down the search. It’s a win-win!
How To Search Words On A Page
The process for searching words on a page is slightly different depending on the computer that you’re using.
That being said, the process of searching words on a page is similar regardless of whether your computer is a Mac or a Windows computer.
How To Search Words On A Page On A Mac Computer
- Step One – Open your web browser.
- Step Two – Find the page that you would like to search for words and click on it.
- Step Three – On the majority of web pages and other programs, using the keyboard shortcut Command + F works to search for specific words on a page.
- Step Four – Type in the word that you’re looking for and press enter.
- Step Five – Watch the results come up. If the word you’re looking for comes up, the number of times it has will be visible and you can click the arrows on the side to find where the word on the page is.
- Step Six – If this doesn’t produce any results, repeat the same process on another page.
How To Search Words On A Page On A Windows Computer
- Step One – Open the web browser of your choice.
- Step Two – Open the page that you would like to search for specific words.
- Step Three – When using Windows computer, pressing Control + F on Windows will enable you to search words on a page.
- Step Four – Enter the word that you’re looking for. If nothing comes up, try something similar.
- Step Five – If results come up, scour the results by clicking the arrows again.
- Step Six – If no results are found, then try again on another page.
How To Search Words Using Web Browser Controls
In addition to these keyboard shortcuts, it’s worth noting that browsers have their own built-in search functions.
When you’re using Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or Fixrefox, this is how to use this:
- Step One – Click the More button, which can be found in the top-right corner of the web browser and is next to the address bar.
- If you’re not sure which button this is, it looks like three horizontal lines.
- Step Two – Next you will need to click on Find or Find in This Page.
- Step Three – Type in your search term or phrase into the pop-up, and hit Enter.
How To Search Sites Using Google
- Step One – Begin by visiting google.com.
- Step Two – Next, you will need to type in site: before adding the name of the website that you would like to search, followed by a space and then your search term or phrase.
- Step Three – Press Enter. When the search page loads, you can find the pages on that site that include the phrase or search term that you used.
- Step Four – Google will now load any pages that match your search. That being said, it won’t show you where the matching text is located once you open the page. Bearing this in mind, you should use the Find tool to locate exactly where the word occurs on the page once you have opened it.
- Step Five – Scour the results that the finder produces.
Is Searching Words On A Page Difficult?
No, the process of searching for specific words on a page is relatively simple once you know how, but this is only half the battle and it doesn’t mean that your work is over.
While searching for specific words can help save you a significant amount of time and will make your life easier, this doesn’t mean that the word you’re looking for is on the page that you’ve selected.
Bearing this in mind, it’s important to know that although this is a super handy trick to have up your sleeve when researching the web, your search browser can’t pull it up if the word isn’t on the page you’re looking at.
This means that you should remain open to searching multiple pages, and even try adjusting the wording of your search to find what you’re looking for.
And that’s how you search words on a page!
Searching for specific words on the page can help save you a tonne of research time in the long run, as well as narrowing your search and making the web easier to scour.
Hopefully this article has shown you exactly how to search words on a page. Good luck searching for specific words on a page.
- YouTube Automation: Streamline Content Creation for Success - October 1, 2023
- Shop Pay: A Comprehensive Guide for Seamless Online Transactions - October 1, 2023
- Mr Beast Net Worth: A Comprehensive Analysis - September 26, 2023