Google Analytics is an analytics service that provides useful statistics and insights for SEO and marketing purposes. If you’ve never added a website to Google Analytics, or set up a Google Analytics account altogether, we’re here to help.
In this article, we will cover some key information on Google Analytics, including how to add a website to Google Analytics. Keep reading to find out more.
What Is Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is a web analytics service that provides basic analytical tools as well as analytics for search engine optimization and marketing purposes.
Google Analytics is free to anyone with a Google account and is part of the Google Marketing Platform.
What Is Google Analytics Used For?
In short, Google Analytics is used for collecting visitor insights and to track website performance.
It can help users to measure traffic, track goals, gauge the success of marketing campaigns, discover trends and patterns in user engagement and obtain other insights.
Many websites often use Google Analytics to their advantage, as it offers them the opportunity to obtain as well as analyze customer behavior analytics.
The data obtained can then be used to help improve marketing campaigns, increase website traffic, and help to retain visitors in the future once improvements are made.
How To Add A Website To Google Analytics
There are two ways that you can add a website to Google Analytics:
The first is to create a completely new Google Analytics account. The second is to create a new property in an existing Google Analytics account.
How To Create A Google Analytics Account
- Step One – To get started, you will first need to go to google.com/analytics.
- Step Two – To create a Google Analytics account, simply click Get started today.
- Step Three – Click Start measuring.
- Step Four – Complete the Account setup section.
- Step Five – Follow the steps to set up your account. When adding the details, select Get Tracking Id, to view the new Google’s global script.
- Step Six – Copy and paste the global tag into the head section of all your websites.
- Step Seven – Once you add the code, you need to verify that the code is working properly. You can use Google tag assistant to verify the setup.
How To Create An Account Within An Existing Account
- Step One – To begin, you will first need to sign in to your Google Analytics account.
- Step Two – Select Admin.
- Step Three – Select Create Account from the menu in the Account column.
- Step Four – Click Website or Mobile App.
- Step Five – Under Setting up your Account type in an Account Name.
- Note: Make sure that you use a descriptive name so that you can tell what this account is for when you see it in the Account list.
- Step Six – Under Setting up your property, type in the Website or App Name.
- Step Seven – Type in the Website URL.
- Note: You won’t be able to create a property if your URL isn’t formatted properly.
- Step Eight – Click the Industry Category.
- Step Nine – Now you will need to select the Reporting Time Zone.
- Step Ten – Select the settings of your preference under the Data Sharing Settings section.
- Step Eleven – Select Get Tracking ID.
Now you have added a website to Google Analytics!
The Benefits Of Using Google Analytics
There are many benefits associated with using Google Analytics. These include but are not limited to:
One of the largest benefits of Google Analytics is that it is an entirely free service for all Google users. All you need to do is have a Google account before you can start collecting data.
Another benefit is that it is accessible and relatively easy to use. If you’re a beginner, who isn’t super experienced with having a website and everything that goes into making that website a success, Google Analytics can be incredibly useful.
Contains Several Useful Tools
Google Analytics contains a variety of different tools, such as monitoring, data visualization, predictive analysis, and reporting.
Offers Insights Into Your Progress
One of the biggest benefits of Google Analytics is that it offers insights and provides you with information on how you can improve your website.
From measuring website traffic, to providing data that can help you to determine how to improve retention, Google gives you the tools to build and better your site.
The Limitations Of Using Google Analytics
Along with the benefits of using Google Analytics, there are also some limitations that you should be aware of. These include but are not limited to:
Data Might Not Always Be Accurate
The accuracy of the data collected by Google Analytics has the potential to be compromised. This comes down to the fact that many users opt out of Google Analytics, and may block cookies, ad filtering programs, and browser extensions.
This, in turn, leads to missing information and activity that cannot be tracked.
As Google Analytics is free, the information that you do receive in each report isn’t 100% of what the traffic does.
Should You Use Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is an incredibly powerful tool to have at your disposal.
You need some form of analytics when it comes to your website, as without it, you won’t be able to collect data on how people are interacting and using your website.
If you’re serious about growing your brand or business, then it’s essential that you are collecting this data.
Without it, you won’t be able to make the necessary improvements to your website to engage customers, maximize website traffic, and retain them.
While Google Analytics might not be for everyone, it’s a free tool that is a great place to start.
And that’s how you add a website to Google Analytics. We hope that you’ve found this article to be informative and of use to you.
Whether you’re adding a website to an existing Google Analytics account, or are creating an entirely new account, the process is relatively simple once you know how.
Good luck adding a website to Google Analytics.
- 1 Million Views on YouTube Money: Unveiling the Earning Potential - March 22, 2023
- Youtubera: A New Generation of Female Content Creators - March 21, 2023
- The 50 most subscribed YouTube Channels in 2022 (Plus 20 Youtubers To Watch Out For in 2023) - December 26, 2022